Complete change of topic for this Post.
The truth about people.
- You can have friends, and you can have relationships – they are not the same.
- If you have sex with them, then it is a relationship, not a friendship.
- Whatever you might like to imagine, they are not the same thing.
- There is no such thing as casual sex … whatever you might like to imagine.
- The truth of that will likely only become apparent in retrospect, much later.
- Sex is DEEPLY personal.
- Have your relationships one at a time.
- You have to treat each other differently in a relationship, than a friendship.
- Give some thought to what sort of relationship your parents have had, because you are likely to model your behaviour off them. Are they a good example to copy?
- What do you want from a relationship? Is it about you and what you need – or about looking after, supporting and nourishing them?
- Are you really ready, or mature enough, to be in a relationship?
- In a relationship, your partner needs you best behaviour and support – what’s more they deserve it. Otherwise, what on earth are you doing in a relationship with them… how are you good for them, and they for you?
- If you breakup, then it is over. There will no friendship afterwards. Its over, done, finished!!!
- No good will come of revisiting, and rehashing it all.
- More than likely, you will ignore that advice, to your cost, until you learn the truth of it the hard way.
- Once you breakup, and separate, you have to stop having a relationship.
- Otherwise you are still having a relationship, just a different/dysfunctional one.
- Neither of you get to have the other person as a confidante, or shoulder to cry on any more.
- It’s over, stop talking to each other – move away, move on.
- Think about what you have learnt and will do differently, but don’t carry the old relationship over into a new one.
- Think about how they are good for you? If you get involved with a narcissistic, self-centered person, then they will only be interested in what you can do for them, and have no compunction about damaging you. And then coming back and doing it again… and again.
- And it will be your fault. Don’t let yourself be used and abused by anyone else. Walk away.
- With your dignity. They are not worth; fighting with, your angst, your unhappiness, losing your self respect… or a second though.
- If you don’t know what your self-worth is, how can you stand up for yourself?
- Slipping into a relationship, because it is the path of least resistance, is the fastest route to the path of worst resistance.
- Be sure and certain (as much as possible) what you want (and don’t want).
- If you aim at nothing, you are sure to hit it.
- A relationship will be one of the hardest things you ever do.
- But one of the most rewarding too – – – if you do it right.
- Beauty comes from within.
- Liars wear a pretty face, deliberately.
- Damaged people create damage, and will damage you.
- Anyone who is interested in you only when they want something… that isn’t even a good friendship, let alone a relationship.
- Stay away from dating/singles websites. They are filled with fantasists, fools, opportunists and sharks.
- Get a Real Life.
- Life’s too short for the bullshit… work on honing your bullshit detector
What words of wisdom would you add to all that?