Police, like Politicians, serve at our pleasure. They are both public servants, paid from the public purse and accountable to the people.
But they certainly were not serving at my pleasure when they raided the Dotcom household in the manner they did.
Quite frankly, I don’t want to see that sort of Policing used in my country.
American’s might be used to it and see it as normal. But any NZ cop who starts in with that sort of business, needs his arse kicked, or even fired.
NZ Police Assistant Commissioner Malcolm Burgess – I am talking to you!
- I don’t want our Police tugging their forelock to the Americans.
- I don’t want them using American tactics.
- I don’t want them using Anti-terrorist squads in white collar matters
- I don’t want them deciding that securing evidence requires stormtrooper tactics.
- I don’t want them wasting that sort of money and resources on minor matters (particularly when the “crime” is of insignificant consequence in this country)
- I don’t want them doing this to some-one of middling relevance, when they proceed to ignore globally all the Banksters stealing Billion$.
- I don’t give a F… if they lose evidence by being a bit slower and polite. Particularly not in this case. It’s not drugs, its not guns, it’s not anything violent or dangerous. It was just big corporations in the United States bitching that they can’t make as much money as they like. Boo Hoo…
- They still didn’t take control of the target quickly anyway. Kim was locked into the secure room, out of reach, for a good half hour. So that whole macho bullshit by the police was wanking on a grand scale anyway. If there was going to be destruction of evidence, then the police were never in a position to stop it.
- Unless the police are dealing with known violent offenders who they have good reason to believe would try to shoot their way to freedom, then I want them, as of policy, to go and knock politely on the front door if they want to serve arrest and search warrants.
- I DON’T WANT OUR POLICE TO BE SOME SORT OF PARAMILITARY JACKBOOTED FASCIST ENFORCERS. They have never needed to before now, and they still don’t.
- If some-one senior doesn’t tell Malcolm Burgess to severely pull his head in, they and him needs their arses fired – and that is an example to others that I would applaud.